Oktoberfest is just around the corner, and so is the ideal time to book yourself a spot. Since I have been to Oktoberfest a couple of times, I have been asked quite a few times, “Can we book a table at Oktoberfest?” or “How to book a table at Oktoberfest
A few decades ago, it was pretty okay to go to Oktoberfest without reservation. With the massive response and 6 million attendees, it is recommended to get a sweet spot. The top two benefits of getting a reservation at Oktoberfest are: 1 Save you from the hassle of looking around for a free seat available 2. You can easily go inside on crowded Friday and Saturday nights when the tents are closed.
Along with reservation, don’t forget to get yourself a festival-worthy Bavarian Dirndl Dresses Collection from Lederhosens.
Note: Reservations are free; you may have to pay some euros for the food and drinks vouchers.
Other than reservation, you need not to buy vouchers as you can pay in cash or through credit cards for your purchases in the tent. So let’s begin by helping you reserve a table or a place at Oktoberfest Munich, Germany.
Book a table at Oktoberfest
Here are some of the recommended steps that can help you make reservations for Oktoberfest.
Step 1: Choosing the right day
If it's going to be your first time at Oktoberfest, make a weekday reservation. Weekends are very crowded, and finding a place as a first-time goer is a bit hard. Generally, weekends are already booked for returning guests or VIPS. But there is no issue in trying luck.
On weekends, even lunchtime reservations are not available for the first-time customer. You can try your luck in the small tent, where you will most likely get a seat
Step 2: Select the Tent
There are 17 big and 21 small tents at Oktoberfest. The big are the main attraction for many are more crowded. Going to a small tent is not a bad idea if you want to enjoy your beer at Oktoberfest in a quiet spot. Keep in mind small tents could be crowded too at weekends.
Here is a list of all the Big tents to choose from
- Festzelt Tradition
- Käfer Wies'n-Schänke
- Kufflers Weinzelt
- Marstall Festzelt
- Paulaner Festzelt
Below is a list of Oktoberfest table booking for a small tent
- Bodo's Cafézelt
- Café Kaiserschmarrn
- Café Theres
- Feisinger's Kas- und Weinstubn
- Glöckle Wirt
- Goldener Hahn
- Heimer Enten- und Hühnerbraterei
- Heinz Wurst- und Hühnerbraterei
- Hühner- und Entenbraterei Ammer
- Kaffeehaferl Schiebl
- Münchner Knödelei
- Münchner Stubn
- Hühner- und Entenbraterei Poschner
- Vinzenzmurr Metzgerstub'n
- Wiesn Guglhupf
- Wirtshaus im Schichtl
- Zur Bratwurst
Step 3: Make a Reservation
After choosing the tent, go to the official website of the desired tent. You can make the reservation mostly online. Different tents open up for their bookings at different times, and chances are you may reserve a seat for the upcoming Oktoberfest. Following the above steps, you can easily answer, “how do you book a table at Oktoberfest”?
General Reservation Rules
I have jotted down some of the general reservation rules implied by Munich City on the tent operators in 2023.
- Big tents can charge the minimum consumption of half a chick and two beers to ensure them in exchange for reservation. They can charge an extra €15 voucher for the gallery and boxes.
- Weinzelt and Käfer Wiesnschänke are allowed to charge €50 per person in exchange for minimum beer consumption till 2 p.m. After 2 p.m. on weekends, they can charge up to €95.
- Small tents can charge up to €50 in return for minimum beer consumption for reservation. On weekends after 2 p.m., the amount can go up to €75.
- It is forbidden to ask for preorder menus before reservations.
- The vouchers can still be used after Oktoberfest in the host restaurant until the end of the year.
- The reservation has to be at least for 3 hours.
- The reservation fee can be up to €1.50 per person. No additional charges are applicable.
How to Pay for the Reservations?
To buy the voucher for the Oktoberfest table booking, you will need to pay the amount via bank transfer. It is the most common method practiced in Germany for making payments. You can transfer the given amount using the IBAN provided to you by the recipient.
If you are making transactions outside Germany, it may cost you a leg. Check out for an alternative, like asking a friend. Some online platforms help you make international transfers at a low cost.
To Wrap IT Up!
You can now grab a seat with the help of the above guide at Oktoberfest 2023. Make the most of this experience by wearing Genuine dirndl from Lederhosens.
In the comment section below, let us know your reservation experience at Oktoberfest, Munich 2023. Also, tell us where you want to book a table at Oktoberfest.